[osis-users] Question about Commentary Osis

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Dec 31 01:08:06 MST 2012

On 12/30/2012 8:43 PM, pola ashraf wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I don't know the suitable list to submit this question to, so i posted
> it to Sword-Devel and Osis-Users
>
> Now, We've made a very simple commentary editor, so non-technical data
> entry can use it easily to generate valid XML
> http://s9.postimage.org/r6vtq6hjj/Commentary_Editor.png
>
> We'll use it to make Arabic Commentaries, But i have some questions
> about OSIS XML
>
> *The Main Output*
> the program above make this output based on the chosen options

> Blah Blah Blah
> Blah Blah
>
> Now,
> How to Add Titles to the commentary text, So Verse 1 Commentary could
> start with title explaining the topic of the Verse/Verse Range ?

<title>....</title>

Some of the established title types can be seen here:
http://www.crosswire.org/osis/schemas/osisCore.2.1.1.xsd.html#h-1757748498

For a title identifying the verse under discussion you could use:

> What are the suitable tags for references (to verses, or general
> references) ?

<reference osisRef="...">...</reference>

> What are the suitable tags for Book intro ?

Just place this within your book <div> but before any of the commentary
section <div>s.

> This is an example for the Commentary Source text
> http://st-takla.org/pub_Bible-Interpretations/Holy-Bible-Tafsir-02-New-Testament/Father-Tadros-Yacoub-Malaty/01-Engeel-Matta/Tafseer-Engil-Mata__01-Chapter-01.html
> http://popekirillos2.bizhat.com/bible/tafseer/matew1.htm
>
> As you can see in the links above the commentary contains a lot of
> titles and references
>
> Happy New Year and Merry Christmas
> GOD Bless you all and Bless your service
>
> Pola

I'm not sure whether this is really what you wanted, so let us know if
your need further guidance.

--Chris