[osis-users] osis.py

Weston Ruter westonruter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 00:28:21 MST 2010

All of the objects are now built out for osis.py, a Python module for
representing OSIS "things". These include:

   - OsisWork (Bible.en.ChurchOfEngland.KJV.1611)
   - type (Bible)
      - language (en)
      - publisher (ChurchOfEngland)
      - name (KJV)
      - pub_date (1611)
      - pub_date_granularity (1)
      - OsisPassage (John.3.16!a)
   - identifier (John.3.16) => [John, 3, 16]
      - subidentifier (a)
      - OsisID (Bible.en.KJV:John.3.16!a)
   - work (Bible.en.KJV)
      - passage (John.3.16!a)
      - OsisRef (Bible.en.KJV:John.3.16-John.3.17 at s[saved])
      - work (Bible.en.KJV)
      - start (John.3.16)
         - passage (John.3.16)
         - end (John.3.17 at s[saved])
         - passage (John.3.17)
         - grain (s[saved])
            - type (s)
            - parameters (saved)

See tests for all of these objects to see how they can be used:
http://github.com/openscriptures/api/blob/41ba6ad7b0d11346e9beff9e9cb7f623be00e8f1/osis.py#L1152

There are a few remaining todo items, but I'm eager to get your feedback!

The code is dual-licensed MIT or GPL2, desiring that anyone may use it as
extensively as they deem fit, for commercial or non-profit purposes.

Weston