[osis-users] Encoding Hebrew Psalm Titles

Weston Ruter westonruter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:43:51 MST 2010

In the OSIS manual, an English translation of a Psalm is encoded like this:

    <title>The LORD Always Does Right</title>
    <verse osisID='Ps.7.1'>
        You, LORD God, are my protector.
        Rescue me and keep me safe from all who chase me.
    </verse>
    <verse osisID='Ps.7.2'>
        Or else they will rip me apart like lions
        attacking a victim, and no one will save me.
    </verse>

However, in the Hebrew versification tradition, the title is actually verse
one. So could it be encoded like this?

    <verse osisID='Ps.7.1'>
        <title>The LORD Always Does Right</title>
    </verse>
    <verse osisID='Ps.7.2'>
        You, LORD God, are my protector.
        Rescue me and keep me safe from all who chase me.
    </verse>
    <verse osisID='Ps.7.3'>
        Or else they will rip me apart like lions
        attacking a victim, and no one will save me.
    </verse>

Weston