[osis-core] reviving OSIS progress

Todd Tillinghast todd at snowfallsoftware.com
Mon Jan 4 14:18:47 MST 2010

Chris,

I am willing to work to address any issues, errors, or shortcomings.  I
think that if we don't address issues and keep the group moving forward
then as a standard people will be forced to look for other solutions.

As far as the manual is concerned the criticisms is also valid.

I agree that a Wiki might be a good approach, but would require some
effort on (likely) one of our parts to get the foundation laid.  We
could cover just "basic use" (what is most commonly needed for most
texts - of course everyone has a different view on what is commonly
needed) with out investing too much.

BTW: I think we have encoded just short of 100 translations using OSIS
at this point (all section/paragraph style).  There have not been any
major issues with the spec as it currently is.

I think we could start with a list of the issues and see how many can be
simply addressed.

I think that we can address many issues without cost if we can do things
via the list and not involve an in person meeting.

Todd