[osis-core] <w> attributes and osisGenType

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed May 18 12:16:46 MST 2005

This discussion should probably be finalized on-list.  As discussion has
gotten way beyond what I'm sure Patrick hoped for, I'd like to make a
suggestion which I feel will solve this issue more quickly.

Can we get our more seasoned editors (Patrick and Steve) to comment on
the way control/special characters are used in other contexts (XML,
software languages, etc.)?  When are they required to be escaped?

I sympathize with Chris' desire to be consistent, and I think being
consistent with how the rest of the world operates is our best route.