[osis-core] Re: USFM to OSIS mapping: Next Steps (last steps)

Steven J. DeRose sderose at acm.org
Thu Mar 24 11:03:35 MST 2005

I just read some later mail from Alan, and I understand that after
further discussions with their teams, he and Kees have agreed about
the mapping using x-, and that given the workaround it would be
better for WebX to focus on addressing other concerns first.

I'm still available to help push WebX on this when it works its way
up the queue.

If I understand correctly, this means we now have a stable and agreed
mapping (which will, among other places, be documented directly in
the OSIS manual as the normative mapping), and we have solutions (or
at least workarounds) for the last outstanding issues.

Congratulations, all, and thanks! I know a lot of people put a lot of
work into this, and the result is much better because of the
contributions you all made! I'm confident that having a complete
2-way mapping between USFM and OSIS will be a big help to a *lot* of
implementors and users as time goes on (even though, hopefully, users
will seldom *see* it). Thank you again!

Steve
--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.derose.net