[osis-core] Re: Doxology

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Wed Oct 27 14:56:08 MST 2004

Jim,

> So is the doxology the line group where the last line is centered?
> <<<<<<<<<<<< yes but see REV 4:8-10 (NIV) as several lines are centered as doxology

Good example.

So, are we agreed that doxolgy is a type on lg?

Recall that I can do more specific styles that take over in place of
general ones.

That is to say I may have a general doxology style that always centers
the last line (cf the example I cited earlier where that does not
happen), and then a specific doxology style that keys on the book or
book plus div in the osisID and applies a different style to any
doxology in that particular book/div.

In the case you mention, all the lines in the doxology may be centered,
but only in this particular book and chapter.

It is only one of the advantages of using the tree structure with IDs.
The styling can be as uniform or as unique as you choose to make it, all
without editing the XML file.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org