[osis-core] "!" extensions to osisIDs

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Thu Oct 14 05:02:29 MST 2004

Guys,

We have the following statement in the manual:

those on either side of a hyphen in a range reference, to use <hi
rend='bold'>osisID</hi> values that include the work-specific extension
fields ("!" followed by a name, e.g. osisRef="!steve-!todd")).</p>

Assuming defaulting of the 'work' component, each portion on either side
of the hyphen is a valid osisID.

Actually should not say 'name' but string but you get the idea.

My question is more pragmatic:

Should we allow this?

Granted it would be unusual to say the least to have an extension with
no prefix that is a standard reference system but I am curious if we
should allow it at all.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org