[osis-core] <identifier type="OSIS">

Todd Tillinghast todd at contentframeworks.com
Tue Nov 9 13:05:23 MST 2004

Troy,

Perhaps a compromise for common works would be something like:
Bible.en.OSIS.KJV.1769.Crosswire.WordLevelMarkup.2004

Where for OSISReservedNames the Publishers is OSIS and then following
the date the actual publisher/encoder of a specific instance would
follow.

This maintains the structure for the less common cases and still
provides full fallback behavior.

So a reference to the KJV in general would be Bible.en.OSIS.KJV.1769.

The trick could possibly be something like Bible.en.OSIS.NIV.1984.IBS
rather than Bible.en.IBS.NIV.1984.

Thoughts?

PublisherOrAuthor
> >'.' Name '.' Date ( '.' PublisherExtension )*
> >
> >WorkRefIdentifier  ::= OSISWorkType '.' Language (
'.'PublisherOrAuthor
> >('.' Name ('.' Date ( '.' PublisherExtension )* )? )? )?
> >
> >OSISWorkType       ::=   'Annotation'
> >                       | 'Bible'
> >                       | 'BibleStudy'
> >                       | 'Concordance'
> >                       | 'Commentary'
> >                       | 'Devotional'
> >                       | 'Dictionary'
> >                       | 'ReferenceSystem'
> >                       | 'Sermon'
> >
> >Language           ::=   '_'
> >                       | ISOLanguage
> >                       | EthnologueLangauge
> >
> >ISOLangauge        ::= ISO two or three letter language code lower
case

> >EthnologueLanguage ::= Ethnologue three letter language code in upper
> >case
> >
> >PublisherOrAuthor  ::=   '*'
> >                       | OSISReservedPublishers
> >                       | NCName
> >
> >OSISReservedPublishers ::=   'ABS'
> >                           | 'BL'
> >                           | 'CCEL'
> >                           | 'Crosswire'
> >                           | 'IBS'
> >                           | 'NTM'
> >                           | 'SBL'
> >                           | 'SIL'
> >                           | 'SF'
> >                           | 'UBS'
> >                           | 'WBT'
> >                           | 'WBTC'
> >                           | 'WBTI'
> >                           | 'VS'
> >                       (fill in the rest of the values in the current
> >doc and also for members of the Forum of Bible Agencies)
> >
> >Name               ::= OSISReservedNames
> >                       | NCName
> >
> >OSISReservedNames  ::=   'CEV'
> >                       | 'GNT'
> >                       | 'KJV'
> >                       | 'NASB'
> >                       | 'NIV'
> >                       | 'RVR'
> >                       (fill in the rest of the values in the current
> >doc)
> >
> >Date               ::=
> >Year(Month(DayOfMonth(Hour(Minute(Second)?)?)?)?)?
> >
> >Year               ::= [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]
> >
> >Month              ::= [0-9][0-9]
> >
> >DayOfMonth         ::= [0-9][0-9]
> >
> >Hour               ::= [0-9][0-9]
> >
> >Minute             ::= [0-9][0-9]
> >
> >Second             ::= [0-9][0-9]
> >
> >PublisherExtension ::= NCName
> >

> >The '_' value of language would be used in the case where the work is
> >language independent as would be the case for a ReferenceSystem.
> >
> >The '*' value for PublisherOrAuthor would  be used for cases where a
> >reference is being make _to_ a work with the specified Name by any
> >PublisherOrAuthor.  (I am hopeful that this reasonably addresses
Troy's