[osis-core] USFM \nd --> TE 'Name Of God' <--OSIS

Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org
Thu May 27 15:11:46 MST 2004

Chris,
I can be happy with that usage. If <divineName> is only for YHWH then the documentation should change to reflect that.

12.5.2. l
The l element is used to mark poetic lines, as determined by the linguistic
nature of poetry in the language of the work. For example, much English
poetry consists of lines that can be located by the position of rhyming
words, and/or by counting syllables; Hebrew poety can often be divided
into lines based on parallelism of thought or meaning.
The following example shows an encoding of the first two verses of Psalm 7
from the CEV which uses the lg and l elements to mark poetic material.
<title>The <divineName type='x-yhwh'>LORD</divineName> Always Does
Right</title>

BTW I believe it should be marked up as <divineName>Lord</divineName> with small caps style applied to output but
the output XSLT can handle the other cases as well.
Spelling error: Hebrew poety should be Hebrew poetry

Jim Albright
704 843-0582
Wycliffe Bible Translators

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>