[osis-core] type for <l>

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Tue May 25 12:21:27 MST 2004

Greetings!

Some type ago Todd asked about using the following types for lines (he
got this from Jim Albright):

refrain
interlude
doxology

We bounced it back and forth but really came to no real conclusion.

While reading the email traffic it occurred to me that these are not
really line types, although they may only apply to one line.

They are really lineGroup types that may contain one or more lines.

Think about it. Sometimes there are one line refrains, but not really
all that often, particularly in liturgical settings. Same thing for a
doxology. Not as sure about interlude because I don't recall how Jim is
using the term.

Any thoughts on creating enumerated types for lineGroup?

That does have the impact of making lineGroup necessary even if you do
have only one line but suspect that is the minority of the cases.

Jim, since this was your question, what do you think?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org