[osis-core] Example of work

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Wed Jun 16 14:13:30 MST 2004

Guys,

Gary Edwards sent me some very good comments on the users manual which I
  am working through at the moment.

On osisWork we have the example:

<![CDATA[
<work osisWork="EG">
     <title>Egyptian Grammar</title>
     <creator role="aut">Alan Gardiner</creator>
     <contributor role="dte">Francis Llewellyn Griffith</contributor>
     <date event="original" type="gregorian">1927</date>
     <date event="eversion" type="gregorian">2003</date>
     <type type="x-grammar">Grammar</type>
     <publisher>Griffith Institute, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford</publisher>
     <language type="ISO-639">EN</language>
     <language type="Ethnologue">EG-ancient</language>
     <identifier type="ISBN">0900416351</identifier>
     <identifier type="LCCN">95230980</identifer>
</work>
]]>

Gary points out:

1. Confusing since the osisWork attribute has "EG" which is the same as
the first part of the Ethnologue code. Note we refer to it being a
prefix, yikes, the Ethnologue folks use it like a prefix. Hmmm, bad joss.

Suggestion:

EG on osisWork becomes Gardiner1927 (he published a lot of stuff)

Add both osisID and osisRefs that use the Gardiner1927 prefix, something
like, "While elsewhere in the text you may see.... and put in uses of
osisID and osisRef using this work. (I have a copy of this within arm's
reach so I can put in some passages.)

Well, while we are at it, do the same for the Cotton Patch Gospels. But
there keep the CPG as a different example of the osisWork attribute value.

Does anybody have a copy of the Cotton Patch Gospels handy? I have a
copy somewhere and if I every get the shelves built in my office I may
be able to get organized again.

If you do, please throw together osisID and osisRefs to particular
passages. A short part of a passage would not hurt. The manual is fairly
dull reading and some good writing would probably be a welcome break.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org