[osis-core] Add <verse> to <inscription>

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Sat Jun 12 14:03:19 MST 2004

> Can we add <verse> to <inscription>, so that a verse can start/end
> within an inscription?

Do you have an example of this?

In other words, an inscription that contains a verse (the thing in
itself) as opposed to the typography of someone recording such a thing?
(Is there a difference?)

To illustrate:

On the wall of my office: <inscription> Patrick likes to quote the
Bible, where it says: <verse>Why do you call for the day of the
Lord?</verse><verse>The day of the Lord is darkness and not
light.</verse></inscription>

That is a verse appears in an incription that someone may be reporting
in a text and the markup reflects the structure of the inscription as
observed.

Does that make any sense?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick