Steven J. DeRose sderose at acm.org
Fri Jul 9 08:15:13 MST 2004

At 10:30 -0600 2004-05-25, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>In talking with a group attempting to use OSIS documents within
>Documentum they are struggling with the fact that Bibles and thus OSIS
>documents have multiple overlapping hierarchies which is a problem with
>Documentum's architecture that requires that documents be broken in to
>"chunks".
>
>The best solution will like be for them to "chunk" OSIS documents at the
>likely to be based on Book/Chapter/Verse reference it would be handy if
>the "scope" attribute were available on these elements in the same way
>it is with <div>.
>
>Any objections to or reasons why we should not add "scope" to "large"
>and <salute>)?

I guess I have no objection to that, though accommodating
Documentum's prehistoric "chunking" doctrine tastes bad. Why don't
they just chunk however they want, but keep track of the applicable
osisIDs for each chunk as they load, so they can search on them?
Doesn't sound too tough to me.

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.derose.net
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net