[osis-core] Displaying Hebrew text

Kirk Lowery osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:56:49 -0500

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

> I am curious how your Hebrew will display in my editor.
>
> I would be interested in try out a sample text (it could be very small)
> if you are willing to send me one.

I don't have anything here at home. I'll send you some stuff tomorrow....

> If it is "standard" Hebrew an common Hebrew font may work, but suspect
> that you are thinking about a more specialized case.

Well, most Unicode rendering handles consonants and vowels correctly.
It's the accents that really is the challenge. However, things are
getting better.

> If is not "standard", do you have a Hebrew OpenType font that goes with
> your Hebrew text?

I'll be using the SBL Hebrew font. It's OpenType and *beautiful*!

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.
Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute