[osis-core] oxygenxml

Kirk Lowery osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:10:12 -0500

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

> There could be features I did not see and I did not check to see if
> it has an XSLT transformation debugger.
>
> I have continued to use XMLSpy because I am used to it and it has a
> nice XSLT transformation debugger.

They talk about "XSLT support" and "Preview transformation results" but
no mention of a debugger.

I was most interested in the Unicode support (and Hebrew with vowels are
supported; I heard about this on the HebrewComputing list) and the fact
that it will generate a schema or DTD from an instance document--very
useful to me, if it works.

It also handles W3c Schemas, DTDs, RELAXNG and NRL.

> The nice thing about OXygen is that it reports all (up to a limit) of
>  the errors in a file rather than one at a time.
>
> Being Java based, it also runs on any platform.

Yes, this was attractive.

> It is still a pointy bracket based editor so it does not help us much
>  on the OSIS GUI editor quest.

Understood. I wasn't suggesting it for OSIS users; I'm still looking for
an editor for my own use. I'm moving our MORPH database into xml format,
and an editor would be nice for development.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd be interested in the experience of anyone
else: does anyone use oxygenxml as their primary XML editor?

Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.
Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiss und nichts klappt.
Praxis ist, wenn alles klappt und keiner weiss warum.
Bei uns sind Theorie und Praxis vereint:
nichts klappt und keiner weiss warum!