[osis-core] Re: OSIS (2)

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:22:16 -0600

Chris and Fred,

Is DNT just the Catholic version of Daniel and would "normally" be
present in a "Catholic" edition where DAN would "normally" be present in
a Protestant version?

Maybe it would be helpful to understand a bit more about the Bible that
Fred is trying to encode.  Is it possible that the translators created
alternant translations of Daniel with one being used for Catholic and
one for Protestant audiences but never both at the same time?  In this
case they can both use the same OSIS Bible book name but there would
need to be two different OSIS work ids (<identifier type="OSIS">).

If this is the case we may be able to avoid additional complication with
OSIS Bible book names.

Fred, can you get a bit more clarification from the people who did the
translation as to how they used the two different "Daniels"?

deuterocanonical/Catholic/LXX