[osis-core] Re: OSIS (2)

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:47:29 -0700 (MST)

"DNTDan" would be inappropriate.  On the one hand, it perpetuates the
mistake of referring to all translations of the deuterocanonical form of
Daneil as being based on Tischendorf's version.  On the other hand, it is
essentially just translating bad SFM into bas OSIS rather than fixing it.

One way that I believe you could address the problem would be to assign
two works, as I mentioned.  You would identify one work called, e.g. "a",
and another called, e.g. "b".

The osisIDs and osisRefs in the book marked "DAN" would be prefixed with
"a:", like "a:Dan.1.1".  The ones in the book marked "DNT" would be
prefixed "b:", like "b:Dan.1.1".  You'll need to do something similar for
Esther.  Books that ONLY occur in the deuterocanonical version would only
have a "b:"-version, e.g. "b:1Macc.1.1".

All books that occur in identical form in both the Protestant and Catholic
versions of the Bible would have both references, e.g. "a:Gen.1.1
b:Gen.1.1".

--Chris