[osis-core] header elements

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:26:48 -0400

> Patrick,
>
> This seems reasonable, but if we use the children of <work> in the new
> <titlePage> element we may need osisID, n, xml:space, script, and
> canonical.

Hmmm, yeah, that's right.

> Now that I am looking at the list I am not sure of the purpose of role
> and resp for any element.

role is unique to creator and actor (I think). It is not part of the
globals.

resp is a responsibility attribute that allows the encoder to say who
thought this was "X". Useful for abbreviations/expansions, notes (who
wrote the note), etc. Does not have to be global. Depends on whether we
think we can come up with all the cases where it should occur. Obviously
not on osisText, osisCorpus, probably not on div but that depends. Am I
saying this is the division in the text and is that disputed?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick