[osis-core] osisWorkType

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:21:09 -0600

Patrick,

Reserving a fixed set has its advantages.  As has been discussed in the
past but has not been agreed upon.  I would like see a hierarchical
naming system that indicates the class of reference system and the
specific instance of reference system within that class.
For example:
Bible.NA27 (we might find a better name other than NA27, because NA27
means nothing to almost everyone, except scholars.)
Bible.Hebrew
Bible.SamPent
Bible.Loeb

Personally I would like to see Bible represent the Bible.NA27 as the
standard/default reference system.

I think the Bible.??? structure allows us to create reserved classes of
reference systems as time goes by.

If someone wants to create their own reference system then they would
have to use Bible.x-ThierOwnSystem or x-ThierOwnNonBiblicalSystem.

Is one of the above reference systems the one used but the French
Segond, if not we should add it in as well?