[osis-core] <subject type="LCSH">

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:41:48 -0700

Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Chris,
>
> A little more explanation?
>
> Where would we add subjectCT and what would be its content model?
>
> Note that we already have a subject element in the header (from Dublin
> Core). It does not have enumerated types. Are you suggesting LCSH be its
> type attribute and control the content of <subject>?

Addition of LCSH as a possible value for <subject>'s type attribute is
exactly what I'm suggesting.

> There are a number of other systems, Dewey, one by the American
> Theological Libraries Association, one by the Pontifical Biblical
> Institute, any number of systems in use in Europe. Don't know that we
> can generate a really comprehensive list quickly.

Other types like Dewey or ATLA, assuming we can find a standard
name/abbreviation for them would be great too.  If we can't be
comprehensive, at least permitting some of the most common values would
be of benefit.

--Chris