[osis-core] Heads Up on revised schema

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:16:20 -0400

> Patrick and Steve,
>
> What about reference systems and mapping between reference systems.  We
> were very close in MI.  Is this something we want to include in this
> release or put off until later?

Can we separate the issues of reference systems and mapping between
reference systems?

To put it another way, can we give guidance to using reference systems
(without validation of them) that allows everyone to use any reference
system now? (I suspect yes, but it is a real question.)

The mapping part is really orthogonal to actual encoding. Not to
processing or software but I think is a separable issue.

Harry: Have you had time to reconstruct your proposal? (None of us could
find the notes on his proposal.)

> It is possible to release an OSIS 2.1 that does not change the schema
> but adds in the reference system piece.

Sure, could add a reference system validation/mapping piece as an
enhancement. More likely to be of interest to software builders. (Todd,
do you know anyone doing that? :-) Just teasing!)

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick