[osis-core] OTCite: final call

Scribe osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:36:53 -0700 (MST)

Guys,
	I understand and respect the idealistic argument for 'pay
attention to the pickin' attribute value and you'll get it right'.

	I also know that we are a very practicle group seen, for instance,
by our catering to the provide 'levels' of OSIS compliance.

	Like the group, while I agree that people should pay attention to
all attributes and should be 100% OSIS compliant, I also know that they
will not all start there.

(currently, just possibly ignoring the 'block' type) the same, gives a
basic, OSIS conformance that I believe should probably be good 'level'
distinction.

	My point is not to disagree that <q type="otCite"> would be
acceptable in a perfect world.  Just that the PRACTICLE result of someone
not paying attention to the attribute will render misleading and confusing
information to the user.

	I also liked Chris' point (obviously because it gives concession
to a solution I favour), that although we have <name>, we have given
<divineName> for a case that happens just so much in our target text its
frequency alone might have warranted it.

	-Troy.