[osis-core] Prefix for osisGenRegex: final call

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:46:03 -0400

Greetings!

Assuming that we want to use the osisGenRegex, note that the prefix has
the same form (followed by a colon) as osisID and osisRef.

If we make that optional, so that it can be omitted, it will be possible
to record values for subject, osisIdentifier, POS, morph and lemma,
without the prefix.

Not as elegant as allowing a defaulting mechanism but does clear the way
for Troy to stop using "x-" on all of his attribute values and if he so
desires, to put a prefix that identifies a work that leads to further
information. Personally I think either the prefix should be defaulted,
assuming we can come up with an elegant method for that or required. At
least in terms of conformance, using the prefix should take you to the
next level of conformance.

Comments?

Hope everyone is having a great day!