[osis-core] osisGenRegex: General Statement

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:39:48 -0400

Greetings!

I think we are talking about two separable issues in the osisGenRegex
thread and I would like to separate the two.

First, there is the question of the prefix, is it required?, must it
"point" to a work in the header, etc. In my next post: subjectLine:
Prefix for osisGenRegex.

Second, there is the question of how do we do a list of values in an XML
attribute? In my next post: subjectLine: Lists in Attribute values

I think the idea of the osisGenRegex is a very good one but suspect it
is too late to consider all the issues for it to be included in this
release. If we don't, all the current texts will continue to be valid
and we can consider the implications of such a change more fully.

More substantive comments in the following posts.

Hope everyone is having a great day!