[osis-core] is osisRef a list or a single value?

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:25:43 -0600

Patrick,

In osisCore.1.5.xsd osisRef it is a single value.  We have made
annotateRef a list of what was allowed in osisRef in I 1.5 (with a grain
oriented tweak).

In osisCore.1.9.6.xsd osisRef is a list in the same way that annotateRef
is a list.  This actually solves some encoding problems we have had in
the past but also introduces an element of complexity to osisRef.  This
is not particularly bothersome because that same complexity already
exists with annotateRef.

This is backward compatible and solves the long standing issue of how to
encode a reference to discontinuous text, because the discontinuous
parts can be individual whitespace separated values in the osisRef.