[osis-core] xml:lang

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:32:27 -0600

Chris,

When it comes to an OSIS document there seems to be no reasonable
assumptions that can be made regarding the language the text.  (In most
other areas where there are XML documents you can make some reasonable
assumptions relative to the context.  A news article from MSNBC is most
likely in English.  A news article from www.arabicnews.com is most
likely in Arabic if they are using Arabic characters.)

I am looking for a way to make sure we know what language a document is
encoded as.