[osis-core] xml:lang

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:14:23 -0400

> Patrick,
>
> I don't think we ever got a decision on making xml:lang required on
> <osisText>.  Are we making it required or optional?

Currently optional. Not sure we made an explicit decision. What
arguments are there for making it required? Understand that it is
useful, just curious if we should make it required.

> Which part of the <language> are we going to say must match xml:lang in
> the user manual?  Have we tried encoding some samples to make sure that
> they are valid with respect to w3c's xml.xsd?

Planned on saying they should match, but I think it was Chris (or
perhaps you) who pointed out that some valid languages won't be able to
be specified in xml:lang. That might be an argument to not make it required.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick