[osis-core] Schema: type on language

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:23:53 -0400

Chris,

Just so I understand the issues:

1. Language prose should conform to the schema

2. Language element's type attribute should equal (values as listed)

ISO-639 list as: ISO-639-1, ISO-639-2

SIL list as: Ethonologue

Linguist

other

(will just enumerate a list)

3. lanuage element should have a role attribute like date

Not sure I understand, not that I disagree, just don't understand its
function.

Reading your suggested value:

 > Some possible values for language's role include: original, translation,
 > interlinear, quotation (for excerpts), didactic (for grammars), source &
 > target (for dictionaries).

I am still puzzled by what I would use the role function to indicate.

Can you say a little bit more about what it is that you want to do?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick