[osis-core] div type="date"

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:43:49 -0700

That raises the question of whether or not we want date to allow a
'general' value.  It's true we do have general, or 'container' values,
such as: 2003, 2003.01, etc.  These do not specify an exact time, but
rather a time narrowed down as far as is specified.  Does 'morning' mean
'anytime between 06 and 12', or does it mean the precise time when the
sun came up on that day?

I still say use 06 and let the client software decide: if (06 and we're
talking about a 1st century hebrew conext) then display 'sunrise'.

Other things come to mind like:

Why are we using div?  And not <date>?

	-Troy.