[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Wed, 28 May 2003 12:02:32 -0600

Patrick and Troy,

If you require that all milestones be purely balanced then it may be
nearly impossible to deliver a portion of a document, because there can
be an endless series of overlapping milestones.  If you artificially
move the milestone marker in order to include it, the milestone will be
misplaced.

I think the best solution is to keep the mE and mS attributes AND that
the meaning of an unbalanced milestone be that the document was
truncated.

About <table> is it possible to not allow it to be broken at present.

point to the fact that <list> should require at least one <item> and
help our milestone strategy.  If we do require children for <lg> and
can go either way.