[osis-core] Add "section" as one of the approved types for <div>

Tue, 13 May 2003 17:06:08 -0400

Chris,

Chris Little wrote:

>On Sat, 10 May 2003, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>

>>I think we should consider adding "section" to the list of types allowed
>>in <div>.  The real change would be to "osisDivs".
>>
>>A suggestion for when we produce osisCore.1.1.2!
>>

>I second that suggestion.  I would also propose "front", "body", "back"
>(since we got rid of their respective elements in favor of just <div>),
>"titlePage", "introduction", "index", "preface", "afterword", "colophon",
>& "lexeme", just off the top of my head.

Gee, don't want a lot do you! ;-) If it si commonly felt that this will
make it easier to use, I suppose. Steve, how much sugar do you think we
can add to the schema?
;-)

>And another suggestion for 1.1.2 would be to dump the ubiquitous lang
>attribute since xml:lang makes it unnecessary if we're going to follow
>RFC 1766/3066 anyway.

Well, not quite. xml:lang is inherently ambiguous in terms of its
application to attributes as I recall. Let me see if I can reconstruct
the problems with it and I will post them to the list.

Keep up the good work!

Patrick