[osis-core] When to use <closer> and <signed>

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:52:49 -0500

>What is the difference between <closer> and <signed>?
>
>Is <closer> for a paragraph sized closing and <signed> for just the name
>of the signer?

Sorry for the delayed response! I got back from Chicago last week very
ill and then started taking cough medicine that did not agree with me.
;-) When it rains, it pours!

<closer> is a part of the text that is separate from the main text, for
example:

blah, blah,

<closer>Sincerly,

<signed>Patrick Durusau</signed>
</closer>

Of course, you can have much longer closers but that is the general
idea. The reasoning being that users will want to search for material
that is in the body of the letter, for example, and ignore the material
in the closer, or perhaps search for material in closers while ignoring
the text.

Hope everyone is having a great day!