[osis-core] 3.2.31. Stanza

Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:33:43 -0600

Patrick,

this of a Psalm.  But where there is a group of lines that form a stanza
that group is naturally a <lg>.  That does not mean that all <lg> are
stanzas, just that all stanzas are <lg>.

It does NOT make sense to encode
<chapter>
		<lg>
			lines of the stanza
		</lg>
		<lg>
			lines of the stanza
		</lg>
		<lg>
			lines of the stanza
		</lg>
</chapter>

Rather this make sense.
<chapter>
	<lg>
		lines of the stanza
	</lg>
	<lg>
		lines of the stanza
	</lg>
	<lg>
		lines of the stanza
	</lg>
</chapter>

There may be some value in identify that a <lg> is stanza as in <lg
type="stanza">.