[osis-core] Reference encoding

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:15:36 -0600

Patrick,

I think we resolved by saying that the <q> does not use either osisID or
osisRef and that a <reference> element is place within the <q> contain
where the text would be presented.

Question, how can we differentiate between cases where the reference is
to presented and cases where the reference information about the quote
is encoded but not to be presented.  I know this tends toward the
presentation side of things, but does encourage the use of a "scope"
attribute to identify what is contained.  If the encoder also wants to
also place a <reference> element within the <q> element that would still
be allowed.

Should we add "scope" to <q>?