[osis-core] new half-verse milestonePt type?

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:20:29 -0700

I realize this is rather specialized and perhaps outside the scope of
what BTG wants to handle, but I'll propose it anyway since it doesn't
require much.

Anglo-Saxon poetry includes Beowulf, the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, and, of
relevence to BTG, Codex Junius, which itself includes Anglo-Saxon verse
adaptations of Genesis, Exodus, and Daniel.  Anglo-Saxon poetry
recognizes a half-verse point that is rendered in print as 3-4 extra
spaces.  Some other forms of poetry used in other languages also mark a
half-verse, so this does apply outside of just Anglo-Saxon, but I don't
know specifics.

So I'm requesting the addition of a "half-verse" value to the
milestonePt type, or "halfVerse" if we want to avoid hyphens.  Some
prose explanation would be deserved to clarify that this is a point and
not a spanm so it cannot be used to mark the medial character in Hebrew
verse.

--Chris