[osis-core] Request for OSIS "unofficial" DTD

Kirk Lowery osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:40:36 -0400

Patrick (and Steve),

<hoping_not_to_be_asking_for_a_lot>
I recommend that for each major release of OSIS, that automagic
utilities be used to also generate a corresponding DTD. Why? Because
there's not much XML software out there that handles Schemas (e.g., my
preferred environment -- emacs psgml mode --  does not). Until there's
better general schema suppport in software generally, having a DTD can
help OSIS be used more broadly.

I recognize there may be content model problems, and that the DTD
might have to be tweaked after generation. That's why I don't suggest
it be done for every point release, but certainly for the main releases.
</hoping_not_to_be_asking_for_a_lot>

Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.
Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiss und nichts klappt.
Praxis ist, wenn alles klappt und keiner weiss warum.
Bei uns sind Theorie und Praxis vereint:
nichts klappt und keiner weiss warum!