[osis-core] <discourseMarker>?

Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:47:10 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Adding the new element, <discourseMarker>.

Would anyone mind defining/explaining this to me?   This was covered
during one of the hours I was out of the meeting for class.

>From my vague recollection of its description, this seems like a type of
<q>, doesn't it?  But if (on the other hand) it's just a marker, as
Patrick suggested, wouldn't that make it good candidate for being a
milestone type rather than a new element?  I guess I don't follow what
"appliesTo" means either, but assuming a milestone type of "discourse",
couldn't "preceding" & "following" be subTypes?

Arguing from ignorance,
Chris