[osis-core] <divineName type="yhwh">

Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:59:01 -0700

What other values qualify as divineNames?  Isn't Yahweh the only "divine
name" that we refer to within this context?  Would <divineName> mark
epithets that are not actual names, like El Shaddai or Elohim?  (In
which case, should these also be enumerated?)

If we define a type for divineName, I would vote for "Yahweh" or ιδεδ
(that should be Hebrew, I have no idea how it will show up for you).
"yhwh" seems wrong from both Latin & Hebrew script perspectives.  For
the sake of users, obviously "Yahweh" would be easier to encode.

--Chris