[osis-core] CANONICAL MISSING!!!

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:20:51 -0400

> Patrick,
>
> YIPES!! How did we miss this one?
>
> We have canonical in <verse> and <note> but no where else.

Not missed, perhaps poor implementation!

Problem was that we definitely wanted verse to default to canonical and
note to default to non-canonical. There is no global set of attributes
that would catch one and not the other.

One very ugly hack would be to put canonical on both globalWithType and
globalWithoutType, with a default of true and for note (others?) simply
declare their attributes on the element.

See OSISCore.1.4.63 for an example of such an implementation. (Not
saying I like it but it was the best I could come up with this morning.)

Hope the day is off to a great start!

Patrick