[osis-core] Example related to the resolution of the work issue.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:40:59 -0700

In the following document the <reference> does point to the <verse>
element that precedes it, because all of the sub-elements in the
"hebrew" <work> element other that the <refSystem> element are present
as sub-elements of the "kjv" <work> element that describes the current
document.

<osisText osisWorkID="kjv">
	<header>
		<work osisWork="kjv">
			<identifier type="OSIS">Bible.KJV</identifier>
			<refSystem>Bible.KJV</refSystem>
		</work>
		<work osisWork="hebrew">
			<identifier type="OSIS">Bible.KJV</identifier>
			<refSystem>Bible.Hebrew</refSystem>
		</work>
	</header>
		<verse osisID="Ps.1.1 hebrew:Ps.1.2">...</verse>
		<reference osisRef="hebrew:Ps.1.2"/>
</osisText>

In the following document the <reference> does point to the <verse>
element that precedes it, because all of the sub-elements in the
"hebrew" <work> element other that the <refSystem> element are NOT
present as sub-elements of the "kjv" <work> element that describes the
current document.

<osisText osisWorkID="kjv">
	<header>
		<work osisWork="kjv">
			<identifier type="OSIS">Bible.KJV</identifier>
			<refSystem>Bible.KJV</refSystem>
		</work>
		<work osisWork="hebrew">
			<identifier
type="OSIS">Bible.Hebrew</identifier>
			<refSystem>Bible.Hebrew</refSystem>
		</work>
	</header>
		<verse osisID="Ps.1.1 hebrew:Ps.1.2">...</verse>
		<reference osisRef="hebrew:Ps.1.2"/>
</osisText>

Patrick, you may want to change the text based on if we determine that
all sub-elements other that <refSystem> must match or only <identifier>
sub-elements.  It might also be interesting to include other meta-data
that differs if we choose just <identifier>s are used for matching.

Todd