[osis-core] OSIS validator and related service

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:12:29 -0700

I have suggested we create XSLT transformations for validating "OSIS
valid" and "OSIS Bible valid".  ("OSIS Bible valid would check for
compliance of reference formation.)

In addition we could create a checker for encoding guidelines.  You
could configure it to check for only the guidelines you are interested
in.

WHAT WOULD BE REALLY INTERESTING, would be to run these
checkers/validators as a Bible Technologies web service (or if you want
from an HTML page).

Even more interesting would be to sign a digest of the verified
documents.  If we have the XSLT transformations that do the checking,
the service/web page would not be difficult to slap together.

Because there are a "rules" related to how to properly encode a document
that can not be expressed by the schema, I think this would be helpful
for people trying to encode documents.

Thoughts?

Todd