[osis-core] default values for canonical

Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:29:34 -0700

Patrick and Troy,

The following have default canonical values (ALL others have the value
of their closest ancestor in the XML hierarchy):

osisText true
header false
div false
note false
reference false
title false
verse true

<w> does not have a default value either true or false.  It will inherit
the value from it closest ancestor most likely <osisText> in a
Book/Section/Paragraph encoding and <verse> in a Book/Chapter/Verse
encoding.

As a result of this analysis I believe I have discovered an item of
concern.  <div> has a default canonical value!  It should not have a
default value at all.  This is a pretty serious over sight.

Planning
> >> on issuing a new draft on January 9th (end of the first full week
of
> >> January 2004).
> >>
> >> So, any comments, suggestions or corrections should arrive by
January