[osis-core] <hi> types

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:21:04 -0600

Chris,

Can you explain what you mean by 'illuminated letters'?  (I have a
mental image of electronically back lit letters, which I suspect is not
what you mean.)

Can you scan an example?

It would seem that we should encode some non-presentation related
semantics.  'Emphasis' with a variety of types (like 'strong', 'weak',
etc...) might be appropriate.

Aren't drop caps are usually a purely presentation related thing and
don't need to be encoded.