[osis-core] almost got a text ready

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:36:27 -0600

Troy,

As we discussed on the phone, there is a need to uniquely identify a
work and it is possible (likely) that more than one party can identify
different documents with the same identifier.  I noticed that you
mentioned "Bible.KJV.1769.crosswire", this would likely remove any
confusion.  At the same time what you have encoded IS "Bible.KJV.1769"?

(Is there more than one KJV translation?)

If someone creates a reference to "Bible.KJV.1769:Matt.1.1" it would not
directly point to your version if you identified it as
"Bible.KJV.1769.crosswire".  At the same time if someone wanted to
unambiguously point to your encoding they could say
"Bible.KJV.1769.crosswire:Matt.1.1".  Or if you released several
encodings with various levels of gravy they could say
"Bible.KJV.1769.crosswire.lotsOfGravy:Matt.1.1".

Any thoughts on which is the best way to go?

Todd