[osis-core] almost got a text ready

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:07:12 -0700

> For the default reference system "osisRefWork" you can just put nothing
> and it will default to osisRefWork="Bible" or you can have a work as you
> do and just put <identifier type="OSIS">Bible</identifier>.  That will
> make all of your osisRefs be "generic" Bible:B.C.V references.  I like
> the idea of specifying the "osisRefWork" rather than defaulting it.

Todd,
	I think there is still a problem that I don't think I made clear in my
last message.

	I understand your comment about the default for the reference work.  I
think we both agree that the default is defaulting the *refSystem*. So,
hence I believe your "Bible.KJV" should go in refSystem, and not the
identifier.

	The osisRefWork allow 2 things to be specified:

	1) the default refSystem for all osisRef's
	2) the default target work for all osisRef's

	My understanding is that <refSystem> is for the first function, and
<identifier type="OSIS"> is for the second.

	In my Bible, I really don't want to specify a work for my references.
Actually, if I did, I would probably want to specify myself as the work.
  ACTUALLY, I have no osisRef's in my doc, so it really doesn't matter!
:)  But for the sake of clearing this up, it's still good to talk about it.

	My thinking: If I was a sermon, and wanted to default my references to
KJV refSystem, but didn't want to imply any particular translation, I
would leave my osisRefWork work element as is-- specifying a refSystem,
and not an identifier.

	What do you think?

	-Troy.