[osis-core] Notes from our ealier conversation regarding references.

Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:49:35 -0600

Can we create a couple of lists of names to go along with the release of
OSIS 1.1?  This will help provide guidance to people encoding things and
encourage people to use things like Bible:Matt.1.1 rather than
bible:Mt.1.1.

I think we have already created the lists they just need to be made
available.

Lists:
1) Bible book names.  (I believe that Chris has this and we put it in a
regex in the pre-Rome version.)

2) A list of the common modern versions of Bibles and other related
texts.
Bible (generic reference system for Bibles that used the set of Bible
book names above and uses numeric book identifiers (1-150) and numeric
verse identifiers.  It is possible that we could generate a complete
enumeration of the possible identifiers to provide further guidance.)
Bible.NIV
Bible.TEV
Bible.NRSV
Bible.KJV

3) Related works.  Confessions of Augustine, etc...  I will let Troy and
Harry take a stab at this one.

Todd