[osis-core] <milestone> in <title>?

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:38:36 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Harry Plantinga wrote:

> The <milestone> element is supposed to serve as a generic
> "here" marker for identifying locations for unanticipated
> purposes. However, it can't appear in a <title> element.

I agree that <milestone> should be allowed everywhere.  It's our catch-all
for everything we forgot.

> I can think of a number of reasons you might want to put a
> <milestone> in a <title>.  The one that's causing me headaches
> right now is that I want to use <milestone type="br"> to
> identify line breaks. E.g.

However, I don't think it should be used here.  <br> isn't even good in
XHTML 2.0.

I would (& have) marked similar content as:

In most other situations where you would want to use <br>, you should be
using something like
unless I am mistaken.  This is pretty similar to how XHTML 2.0 does it.

I know it makes markup conversion more difficult, but no one said it was
necessarily easy. :)

--Chris