[osis-core] tenseChange mechanism

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:20:53 -0700

>> we seem to have lost tenseChange that was used to mark historical
>> present alterations from the greek.
>>
>> should it be a type of transChange?
>

> Use transChange.

Great.  I agree.  But I think when looking last, transChange had a
hardcoded list of changeTypes, which didn't include anything for
tenseChange.

>> if so, does transChange allow subelements of transChange? <w>?
>

> Allows: a, abbr, date, divineName, hi, foreign, index, milestone,
> milestone_End, milestone_Start, name, note, reference, set, w

Great, it allows w, but doesn't allow another transChange sub-element.
This is my question:

If an entire phrase has had it's tense changed, should I surround the
phrase with a <transChange changeType="tenseChange">?
if so, I'll need to have transChange inside this for other things that
may have been changed.  If not, I'm also happy with just surrounding
each verb in the phrase that has had its tense changed, but that might
be tedious.

	-Troy.