[osis-core] New regex!

Wed, 29 May 2002 15:46:52 -0400

Guys,

While I clean up the schema, a new regex for you to consider:

1. (([^\s]*\.){0,6}([^\s]*))

2. (@(char:(\p{Nd}*)\+(\p{Nd}*)\(([^\n\r]*)\))? | ((x-([\p{L}_:\p{Nd}-.]*):([^\n\r]*))))?

3. ((\-([^\s]*\.){0,6}([^\s]*))

4. (@(char:(\p{Nd}*)\+(\p{Nd}*)\(([^\n\r]*)\) | ((x-([\p{L}_:\p{Nd}-.]*):([^\n\r]*))))?))?"

Supposed to allow up to seven (7) period (full stop) delimited tokens in
part 1,

Start with literal "@" sign on part 2, followed by literal "char"
followed by decimal number, followed by literal "(" and ")" containing a
string (all this is optional)

followed by optional literal hyphen, which is followed be a repeat of
part 1 for part 3,

followed by a repeat of part 2 for part 4, with the entire part 3 and 4
being optional.

Have cosolidated the expressions in 1 and 3, (untested).

Takers on making sure this is valid?

;-)

Basic insight from Steve was to combine osisRef and osisGrain for easier
processing. The alternative syntax in the former grain material was
added at my suggestion so we could allow people to make up their own
grain syntax.

Comments, suggestions?